This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: R0005772
Date Posted: May 4, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS S.p.A.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated INNOVATION ENGINEER who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples - Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Naples – Italy
In Naples Hitachi Rail employees roughly 700 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art, signaling systems design, the analysis of safety, reliability and availability, laboratory testing, contract management and control, research and development, procurement, and prevention and protection.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Naples offices are located in the area of San Giovanni a Teduccio, industrial area where is easy to reach the airport and train stations.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business.
Mission: Implementation of medium complexity innovative projects (complexity evaluated in terms of expected deliverables, number of involved technologies, number of requirements, number of involved internal/ external parties) or medium complexity work packages, innovative tasks
FOR ASSIGNED MEDIUM COMPLEXITY INNOVATIVE PROJECTS/ WORK PACKAGES/ TASKS:
• Ensure the identification, the analysis and the issuing of technical requirements relevant to the proposal/execution of the assigned innovative project/ work packages, tasks involving all relevant internal / external parties and partners
• Ensure the technical implementation of assigned innovative projects / work packages (both internal and funded)/ tasks and the technical coordination of the project/ work package team (internal/ external) in alignment with defined project milestones, schedule and costs
• Ensure the technical analysis, solution and escalation (if needed) of any project / work package/ task technical issues
• Ensure the monitoring of the progress status of the assigned innovative projects/ work packages (internal and partners activities for funded projects)/ tasks in terms of milestones achievements, actual cost and corrective action identification and implementation
• Ensure the identification of any deviations (in terms of schedule, quality,…) also including the ones which require approval in terms of mitigation actions
• Participate to the submission of assigned Innovative projects/ work packages to be implemented
• Participate to the definition of the architectures and products to be used for the selected Innovative Project / work package/ task
• Participate to the definition of innovative project / work package/ task work plan with special focus on schedule and cost analysis in collaboration with all relevant internal / external parties and partners in accordance with Company guidelines / rules (e.g.: project team structure)
Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
Technical Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
Good English proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail