As a Lead Machine Builder, you work with a talented team to assemble complex automated systems. The innovative solutions we work on offer diverse experiences that will strengthen your skills and challenge your abilities.
We offer competitive wages based on experience, great benefits & paid time off.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist Engineering in the development phase with concept creation, labor hours, and material costs.
- Provide direct supervision of project teams assigned during the build phase.
- Drive best practice and cost savings opportunities with the build team.
- Set employee expectations, provide feedback, coaching, and accountability.
- Communicate to the Build Manager and Project Manager on open issues, milestones, release status, timing, hours, and budget concerns.
- Release prints according to timeline schedule.
- Coordinate tear down and lead installation of equipment at customer site.
- Effectively and safely operate: Mill, Lathe, Drill Press, Surface Grinder, Saws, Shears & Presses
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma, or equivalent certification.
- 3+ years experience related to machine assembly, de-bug, and installation of automated equipment.
- Related vocational education preferred.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Ability to train & mentor others.
Intermediate proficiency reading part and assembly drawings.
- Proven mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Basic computer skills.
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 20% of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, and climbing onto and beneath machines.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Fork Lift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training.
- Ability to provide own hand tools and tool box suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be provided).