Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We have an opportunity for a Cloud Engineer / Tech Lead to join our Technology Solutions practice in the EMEA Southern Delivery Center. We work with clients across many industry sectors. You will be working as part of an Agile team, working with the latest technologies, on high profile client engagements helping to deliver and maintain complex solutions.What we are looking for:
Tech must haves:
- Experienced cloud application engineer / tech lead with a background in designing Azure solutions.
- Experience of release engineering and optimising repeatable and consistent build and release processes through infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipeline, and automated testing.
- Demonstratable experience of developing solutions using Microsoft .NET technologies
- Strong opinions of best practice and experience of governance of the development practice.
- Strong communicator and ability to document and present technical design to review boards.
- Experienced in one or more of Azure Resource Manager / Bicep / Terraform
- Implementation patterns
Well architected solutions
- Secure implementation (ASB / Governance)
- Resilient deployments of platform tech (HA / BCDR strategies)
Integration to Third party + Azure services
- API Management
- Azure Queue tech (Service Bus / Storage Queues)
- Event-based solutions (Event Grid / Event Hub)
- Integration apps with Azure Logic Apps and Azure Functions
- Azure App Gateway / Azure Front Door
- Web Application Firewalls
- Virtual networking
- Designing / implementation of best practice networking topologies
- Network security (NSGs / ASGs / Private Endpoint / Firewall tech)
- Microsoft Identity Platform + AAD for app and user auth
- Secure app configuration
- Knowledge of open standards security protocols
Azure Monitor for monitoring and troubleshooting solutions
- SQL Server technologies (Azure SQL / Managed Instance / SQL Server)
- Cosmos DB
- Azure Storage
Development background in Microsoft .NET technologies
Nice to have:
- .NET Framework 4.6+
- .NET Core / 5 / 6
- Strong understanding of Web Applications and API Applications
- Exposure to modern headless CMS (ex. Contentful)
- Umbraco CMS
- Large-scale global web platforms
- Akamai CDN (Dynamic Site Accelator and Cloudlets)
- Development of container based solutions (Kubernetes / ACI / ACR)
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge