Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The role:
We have an opportunity for a Senior Azure Cloud Platform Consultant to join our Technology Solutions practice here in the UK. We work with clients across many industry sectors. You will be working as part of an Agile team, working with the latest technologies, on high profile client engagements helping to deliver and maintain complex solutions.Experience:
• Minimum of 5+ years of infrastructure / platform experience, 2+ years working in the cloud.
• In-depth technical knowledge of cloud technologies (Azure) - IaaS, PaaS , Identity and Virtual Networking.
• Strong networking experience with hybrid data centers, subnets, VPN / IPSec, Network Security Groups, routing tables and Network Virtual Appliance devices.
• Good understanding of cloud security principles including service hardening, security monitoring and integration into 3rd party solution.
• Able to script in PowerShell and/or Azure CLI
• Experience deploying and managing solutions using well know PaaS services such as Azure App services and Azure SQL
• Web Application Firewalling experience
• Strong Azure Active directory, hybrid identity and conditional access experience.
• Windows server configuration and administration experience.
• Infrastructure as Code (IaC) - Preferably ARM templates.
• Ability to review technical requirements and then provide detailed solutions designs to meet these requirements.
• Able to work autonomously on documenting and delivering the agreed detail designs.
• Good written and verbal communication.Desirable:
• Azure Certified e.g. Az-104, Az-400, Az-500
• Azure WAF
• Microsoft 365 Experience
• SQL Server Configuration and Administration
• Understanding and deployment experience with well-known compliance standards and benchmarks
• Understanding of On-premise technologies like Hyper-V, VMware, SAN's and SwitchesOur Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge