Job ID: R0005796
Date Posted: Dec 11, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Telecoms Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pearl City, HI.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Plan, execute, monitor and control Design, configuration, test and commissioning activities for the telecommunication system according to the overall program schedule.
• Manage SOW either subcontracted or delivered in house
• Analyze technology environment
• Identify, analyze and manage requirements
• Identify and resolve interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
• Architect and Integrate medium-complex telecommunications systems with particular attention to Networking technologies
• Prepare Conceptual, Preliminary, Detailed and Installation Design for each Telecom & Security technology
• Participate in products selection
• Create Bill of Materials and support Purchasing Department to order equipment in particular for the Wired and Wireless telecommunications networks
• Proficient in managing medium size project.
• Working knowledge of schedule and cost management including tools
• Knowledge of principles, practices, methods, terminology and trends in communications engineering including the fields of radio frequency allocations, electromagnetic wave propagation, and radio frequency field strength measurements and tolerances.
• Knowledge of fiber optics, computers, digital communications processors, servers, programming, applications, software, and hardware related to radio communications.
• Exposure to Passenger Information Systems technologies.
• Extensive working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
• Extensive experience with network architecture design
• Working Knowledge of network design patterns, constraints and protocols (CCNP or equivalent certification required)
• Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
• Working knowledge of wireless communications in demanding scenarios
• Prior Experience with RAMS deliverable
• Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
• Excellent ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
• Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
• Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information
• Knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
• Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree
• 2 to 5 years of Railway System Engineering expertise
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.