Job ID: R0005819
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Automation Software Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Ensure the proper requirements management for all the phases of the software lifecycle, according to company standard processes (IMS).
• Guarantee the design and the implementation of a complete solution (components, documentation and tools)
• Contribute to the identification and ensure the application of software automation common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices
• Ensure the requirement identification and their mapping into specific detailed software requirements
• Ensure the correct development of SW platform in accordance with Automation needs and principle
• Ensure the definition of SW test planning and the related test execution by defining and setting up the test environment and the simulator engines
• Ensure the resolution of any SW issue affecting the delivery of a project.
• Contribute to the correct development of SW platform in accordance with Automation needs and principles
• 3 or more years experience with full life-cycle software development: design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support.
• Excellent C++ programming skills
• Extensive Linux experience, including software development in Linux as well as writing and modifying shell scripts
• Prior experience using version control software
• Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with many parallel responsibilities and flexible priorities.
• Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
• Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Must be self-motivated and able to self teach.
• Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
• Prior experience in control systems or embedded systems
• Additional programming experience, including C, X, Motif, Python, Perl and Java
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design principles
• Working knowledge of SQL databases
• Prior experience working with bug tracking software
• Prior experience using Rational Team Concert and Clearcase/ClearQuest
• Bachelors Degree or High School Diploma/GED
• English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.