Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.What you'll be doing
This role is a technical manager responsible for working with cross-functional teams to identify problems statements, dependencies and resolve roadblocks; together with a team of enthusiastic software engineers responsible for delivering application platform, products and services for Industrial IOT and Data Management.
What you bring to the team:
- Drive an agile software development process incorporating user experience, software engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders to deliver on product and technology roadmap and strategy.
- Own and prioritize the short-term roadmap for MVPs and releases.
- Lead customer requirements gathering session, UX design brainstorming sessions, requirements prioritization and user story creation.
- Identify problem statements, dependencies and resolve roadblocks by collaborating with cross-functional team member.
- Manage internal and external customers by delivering on-time, clear communication, set expectation and being transparent.
- Own and manage the backlog; continuously prioritize to ensure that backlog is ready with clear requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Lead release and sprint planning, forecasting resource capacity, and estimate development efforts discussions.
- Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture, strong skills in agile methodologies such as SCRUM; experiences with JIRA or similar software project tools.
- Must be a self-starter and proactive who takes ownership of opportunities; works independently, manages multiple simultaneous priorities and projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, meeting specific deadlines utilizing strong organizational skills.
- Resourceful leader who is comfortable navigating a large organization with global team members.
- Manage a small team, provide leadership and guidance to technical challenges.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in technical management and/or software development on large scale micro-services based applications.
- Development experience working on Java/Java EE, Spring and REST framework.
- Well versed with test driven development approach and extreme programming
- Possess knowledge of front-end/back-end services, APIs for on-prem/cloud applications with emphasis on micro-services architecture.
- Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between business owners and functional/technical teams.
- Experienced developing large scale and high volume multi-tiered applications
- Experienced in driving application architecture and design with considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility
- Ability to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas.
- Ability to work with vendors, cross functional teams, internal partners
- Strong skills in agile methodologies such as SCRUM; experiences with JIRA or similar software project tools
- Possess strong experience in full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture, containers, Kubernetes, RESTful services.
- Experiences using IaaS and/or PaaS (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, vCloud Air); and virtualization environment (ESXi, Xen, Hyper-V, Docker, etc.).
- Database experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL databases.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge