Support Machinist - Greenville/Liberty, SC
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: JRA21120
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Industry & Distribution
Company Name: JR Automation
Profession (Job Category): Production & Skilled Trades
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Description Job Title: Support MachinistReports to: Fabrication and Machining Operations Manager
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
- Supporting the BU’s with quick turn machined details
- Providing support to alter details or make new
- Develop, mentor, and train business unit machine build apprentices
- Coordinate with BU18 to produce scheduled work
- Organize and communicate effectively
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as mills, lathes, grinders, and drill press’s
- Programs, sets up, and operates CNC Bridgeport’s
- Read blueprints efficiently and machines metallic and nonmetallic parts to specified tolerances
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Follows safe work practices
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow and depth and angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control medial as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and maintains all equipment to like-new appearance according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a positive manner with customers, co-workers and management.
- Continues to grow knowledge and assist with continuous improvements.
- High school, GED, Trade school, vocational school
- Strong conventional machining skills
- Strong mechanical skills
- 5-year minimum in conventional machining
- Well-rounded knowledge of custom machines
- Respect for tolerances
- Journeyman’s card or equivalent