Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Account Manager with strong solution-selling capabilities and a high level of competence in identifying and developing sales opportunities to penetrate new commercial level prospects. Key responsibilities
Required Qualifications - Experience
- Reporting to the Switzerland MD Michael Roth, you will proactively create new business sales opportunities and grow existing Hitachi Vantara accounts.
- You will own a personal sales quota and will be responsible to meet these sales objectives.
- Focus on developing Accounts and acquiring new business within an indirect sales approach with a direct touch
- Using your initiative and solution-selling experience, you will build relationships at a senior business level in order to identify customer pain points and gauge the extent to which the Hitachi Vantara portfolio represents sound resolutions to these business challenges.
- Based on your thorough understanding of customer requirements, you will highlight relevant offerings from the Hitachi Vantara portfolio to IT and business departments, ultimately developing these into sound sales opportunities.
- Understanding and tracking the clients' total IT spend on Hitachi Vantara and competitor solutions.
- Engaging with pre-sales, partner account managers, professional services and senior management as necessary to articulate the solution to the existing or prospective customer.
- Careful control and management of forecasting and pipeline for your allocated accounts.
- Maintaining knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions, competitive products, customer vertical industry, and an in-depth understanding of the customer's application strategy, with the ability to help the customer make future technology decisions.
- University degree from a recognized institution is ideal, however relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Experience should be in line with the Hitachi Vantara internal grade identified for the role.
- Demonstrable experience of software solution-selling within major vendor, distributor or system integrator.
- Good knowledge of the IT data solutions market and particularly storage/ infrastructure economics.
- Show us that you have a consistent track record of sales achievement in high value orders within the new business or account management environment.
- Capability to lead virtual teams within a matrix organization.
- You should be a self-motivated professional who can work effectively without close supervision, making decisions without continual reference to your immediate manager.
- Ability to act as a consultant and expert, attracting interest in Hitachi Vantara solutions and services by combining sales with the delivery of intellectual knowledge.
- Continuously seek to improve and build upon knowledge of market trends including environmental and competitive influencing forces.
- Act as a customer advocate, showing empathy with their challenges and issues and creating plans to address their needs.
- Ability to probe, listen, qualify and resolve concerns or obstacles to a sale in a logical fashion, emphasizing the Hitachi Vantara solutions that will deliver maximum benefit.
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills and fluent in English - German.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!