Job ID: R0006019
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Internship
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Automation Engineer - Intern who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Interact with a team of Software Engineering professionals in a collaborative team environment
• Work on an assigned project throughout the course of the term communicating progress bi-weekly and culminating in a final presentation of the results
• Learn the Ansaldo-STS business and the importance of what the Hermes ATS contributes to it
• Develop an appreciation of what it would be like to work as a software engineering professional in a global engineering organization
Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Programming experience with an object oriented language such as Java or C++ through previous internships or coursework
• General computer skills including familiarity with spreadsheets, word processing and presentation tools
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Working knowledge of SQL databases
• Passionate about software development
Education / Qualifications
• Pursuing a four-year degree or MS degree in Computer/Information Science or equivalent
• English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.