Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.Job Overview:
Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding the Company's booking quota for ORACLE Services and Solutions in assigned territory. Identifies, develops, and retains new business relationships. Develops sales opportunities through prospecting, cold calling, and leveraging third party relationships. Responsible for sales account management and customer satisfaction. Reports to the Vice President of Sales, Digital Enterprise Services
• Achieve sales objectives primarily through selling ORACLE Services and Solutions:
• Develops and maintains an effective business, sales, and marketing plan for assigned territory.
• Develops sales strategies that link prospect's business drivers to ORACLE's offerings and Hitachi Vantara's capabilities.
• Identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, lead follow up, networking and partner relationships.
• Drive the sales process through business discovery, opportunity qualification, needs analysis, product positioning, business case development, negotiation and close.
• Understand the buying process and align resources needed to facilitate account penetration
• Consistently maintains a reasonable number of new weekly face-to-face prospect meetings.
• Work with consulting team when implementation, integration, project management support is required.
• Effectively demonstrates and presents ORACLE products and value proposition - Hitachi Vantara services and solutions based on ORACLE to qualified prospects.
• Demonstrate and maintain a high level of knowledge about ORACLE's products and services.
• Demonstrate and maintain an understanding of the territory, marketplace, competitive offerings to ORACLE and to Hitachi Vantara, and other business issues relevant to the position.
• Use effective time and territory management to maximize results.
• Develop and maintain relationships with ORACLE and other third parties to increase opportunities.
• Respond to RFPs/RFIs, coordinating and organizing input from multiple sources within Hitachi Vantara
• Properly forecasts monthly, quarterly and annual booking values for assigned territory
• Document daily sales activities in sales force automation tool, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales bookings and communicate activities to sales management.
• Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Hitachi Vantara to help meet company objectives.
• Effectively demonstrates and presents Hitachi Vantara's ORACLE services and solutions to qualified prospects.
• Accurately qualifies and prepares Leadership, Consultants and Services staff for customer demonstrations and presentations.
• Provide feedback from field experience to internal cross-functional teams with regard to product, selling, and competitive matters.
• Shares input with other departments in preparing sales materials and technical publications.
• Operates under moderate supervisionPosition Requirements: Education, Experience - Training required:
• Degree in a business or technical related area of study
• Minimum of 5 years' experience selling ORACLE ERP services and solutions
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge - Skills:
- Added value: Strong understanding of ERP Transformation Services, Cloud Engineering or Managed Services within Energy Industry
- Current rolodex of large Energy or Oil and Gas clients
• Successful experience identifying, qualifying, and closing new business.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business, sales, and marketing plans.
• Demonstrated knowledge of software direct and reseller sales channels.
• Strong knowledge of Industries which are known for leveraging ORACLE products.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate complex contracts.
• Strong ability to create sales presentation messages, demonstrate ORACLE products, positioning statements, and other sales collateral.
• Flexibility in work schedule is required.
• Various means of travel are required, including air travel.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and achieve goals with minimal supervision.
• Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Works under moderate supervision.
• Interacts with consulting, marketing, finance and external customers.Critical Performance Competencies:
• Demonstrates different influence styles as appropriate to situation while maintaining positive relationships
• Builds and maintains trusting relationships with associates and customers
• Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas using speech, and listening skills to influences others and gain support
• Adjust to new, different, or changing requirements
• Listens with objectivity and checks for understanding
• Persists despite obstacles and opposition or set backs
• Competitive, high achiever
• Holds self-accountable for results
• Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closureValue Competencies:
• Displays a curious mind set
• Displays a passion for - responsibility to the customer
• Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
• Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
• Displays a relentless commitment to win
• Displays personal - corporate integrityOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge