Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara is seeking to hire an experienced Quality Engineer to join our Catalog Engineering Team.
Hitachi Vantara's Catalog Engineering team plays a critical role in developing next-generation technologies that automate the management of data and the creation of knowledge. Our products need to handle information at massive scale across banking, capital markets, retail, energy, and healthcare. You will work in a truly international distributed team with main hubs located across three continents: United States, Europe and Asia. We are looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing. What You Will Doing
What You Will Bring to The Table
- Software testing experience of 5+ years
- Wide experience in quality engineering, excellent vision to establish best practices and a strong presence to ensure high quality product releases.
- Expertise in cloud technologies, big data processing, containerization, relational Databases and search engines such as Apache Solr.
- Strong technical skills for testing, both functional and non-functional, manual and
automation in a continuous delivery environment.
- Technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing
Processes, Tools and Techniques across the teams.
- Can monitor all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, do root cause
analysis and implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing
tools, test techniques, test automation.
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
Clear understanding of related technologies, product features and customer
usage patterns and formulate appropriate testing strategy
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA cycle is
understood and implemented correctly.
- Excellent knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification and Risked Based Testing.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Mongo DB, Python, Serenity for UI automation will be a plus.
- Experience with testing applications on Hadoop platforms
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure cloud platforms.
- As a Quality in the Catalog team, you will effectively be one of the first customers for every new Catalog feature that is to be delivered by Hitachi Vantara.
- You will work directly with developers and other Quality Engineers to understand feature requirements, review technical designs, write and execute test plans and ensure the quality of software solutions that are deployed in the cloud or on-prem.
- With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
You will be guiding and mentoring team-members with technical issues.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge