This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: R0006147
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Quality Inspector who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Miami, FL.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Inspects raw materials and finished products utilizing the latest revision of the top assembly and parts drawings, bill of material, material specifications and workmanship standards to assure compliance to engineering standards and Purchase Order requirements.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience inspecting mechanical and electromechanical parts using various precision inspection tools.
• Thorough knowledge of reading and interpreting engineering drawings/specifications and bills of material for part dimensional requirements, surface finish requirements, material and plating/painting requirements and the application of appropriate inspection method.
• Work independently with some direction by using inspection procedure checklists as work instructions.
• SAP transactions for part lookups, BOM, where-used, etc.
• Ability to effectively choose and use a variety of inspection measurement equipment – Calipers, Micrometers, Micro-Height, Shadowgraph, Vision Systems, thread/plug/pin gauges, Rockwell hardness tester, CMM operation, etc.
• Perform laboratory procedures
• Thorough product knowledge so as to be capable of making normal Accept/Reject decisions
• Keep detailed and accurate records of all final inspections
• Must demonstrate accuracy, dependability, people skills and integrity
• Must possess above average data collection, technical report writing and math skills
• Must possess excellent computer skills including proficiency with current Windows operating system and Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds in a safe and correct manner on a regular basis
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds in a safe and correct manner
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Requires working overtime hours on an as-needed basis
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication skills
• Ability to benchmark inspection technology and methodology and measure process performance in order to propose new inspection solutions to improve the effectiveness
• Prior experience performing incoming inspections of mechanical, electrical, sheet metal, castings, and welded assemblies utilizing inspection tools and standards
• Familiarity with ANSI, ASTM and AAR standards
• Weld inspection certification
• IPC-610 & IPC-620 certification
• SAP, ISO-9001 and ISO/TS 22163 familiarity a plus
• CMM programming experience
• High School/GED required
• English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.