This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: R0006115
Date Posted: Jul 14, 2022
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
Deputy Site Manager (Bilingual Japanese)
Company: Hitachi Particle Engineering and Services, Inc. (HPES)
Division: Particle Therapy Division
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Status: Regular Full-Time
Hitachi Particle Engineering and Services, Inc. (HPES) is looking for a Deputy Site Manager to join the PTD (Particle Therapy Division) located at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, AZ. The Deputy Site Manager will be responsible for supporting the Site Service Manager and have authority on behalf of the Site Service Manager when he/she is not on-site. He/she will be responsible for managing the contracted on-site service activities related to maintaining required safety standards, reliability, and availability. He/she will take the lead on necessary customer communications; including commercial discussions, management support and engineering interface. He/she will also be responsible for supervising the subcontractors with the goal of ensuring a successful service program.
· Support the Site Service Manager and have authority on behalf of the Site Service anager when he/she is not on site.
· Lead the service technicians to carry out the on-site service activities, including: start-up operations, shut down operations, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, equipment testing (including calibration and software testing), equipment troubleshooting and related software activities.
· Oversee all related planning and close-out activities associated with individual service activities, including: scheduling of related tasks, assessment of priorities, assembly of parts, forecast of work loading, review of procedures, etc.
· Approve related operations and maintenance documentation, quality assurance and quality control requirements, managerial reporting, etc. when the site service manager is not on-site.
· Provide leadership and mentoring to PHES service personnel and support personnel, particularly Senior Service Technicians.
· Coordinate interface with customers to mitigate significant commercial and operational issues as well as to perform overall program assessment for areas of greater coordination and improvement when the site service manager is not on-site.
· Coordinate interface with Japan-based Hitachi, Ltd (HTC) Hitachi Engineering for required technical interface, including: troubleshooting guidance, procedure development, spare parts confirmation, configuration management, document control, etc.
· Coordinate recovery operations following off-normal events.
· Develop a complete working knowledge of the Proton Beam Therapy System (PBTS), particularly system level knowledge.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Nuclear, etc.) is required.
· A minimum of 3 or more years of experience as a Manager or equivalent is required. Experience should include:
o Personnel supervision
o Maintenance and operations experience
o Experience in a Radiation facility is preferred
o Quality assurance and/or regulatory environment preferred
o Service program start-up or similar programmatic experience; particularly material management systems, service management systems, ERP systems, or workflow programs; etc.; contract management systems, including billing and payables; scheduling and staffing programs; etc.
o Technical program management or similar programmatic experience; including calibration or testing program development, start-up and shut down operations, preventive maintenance baselines, corrective maintenance procedure development, etc.
· Ability to converse in Japanese is required due to the technical interface of the system and close interactions with the engineering department in Japan.
· Manufacturing, service, or related equipment experience with the following equipment preferred: Particle accelerators; LINAC, MRI, CT, PET, X-Ray, or related radiation therapy or diagnostic equipment; CT imaging software or related applications; Industrial or research electro-magnets; High-performance IGBT-based power supplies; Multi-redundant digital control systems with interlock control, particularly PC-based client-server systems with local controllers, Precision particle radiation and positioning instrumentation, Precision mechanical positioning systems; Vacuum system; Heavy rotating mechanical equipment.
· Organizational management skills
· High technical analysis and problem-solving skills
· Experience troubleshooting equipment problems
· Customer interface and commercial negotiation skills
· Ability to effectively supervise and mentor subordinates
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment
· Flexibility to work shift work and modified hours, flexibility for on-call, local availability
· Ability to work in radiation-controlled environment
· Ability to perform required physical tasks (ladder climbing, inspection bending and stretching, moderate lifting, tool dexterity, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.