Job ID: R0006162
Date Posted: Dec 17, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signaling RAMS Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
• WITH REFERENCE TO MEDIUM SIZE SIGNALLING SYSTEMS AND SUBSYSTEMS:
• Ensure the delivery of Signaling systems and subsystems in compliance with RAMS and quality standards, and in accordance with schedule and budget
• Guarantee definition of RAMS Plans.
• Ensure correct planning of RAMS and V&V activities.
• Ensure correct identification & apportionment of RAMS requirements for Signaling applications.
• Guarantee execution of preliminary RAMS analyses and provide feedback to the project team (since the early phases of the project).
• Ensure verification of system requirements in order to confirm compliance with safety and customer requirements.
• Ensure the organization, scheduling, implementation of RAMS activities and monitoring of V&V activities.
• Ensure that all Safety Related Non-conformities identified during V&V activities are recorded, analyzed and implemented
• Ensure execution of Safety and RAM analyses, hazard analyses at architectural level, leveraging on knowledge of the application acquired during V&V activities
• Ensure RAM parameters demonstration process.
• Guarantee demonstration of compliance with quantitative safety targets
• Support for management and interfacing Independent Safety Assessor, Client and other external Authorities.
• Ensure periodic review of company safety policy and safety targets.
• Ensure compliance of the Signaling system and subsystem to the applicable national and international standards
• Ensure the provision of the Application Conditions and the Hazard Log to the relevant System RAMS Engineer
• Ensure the provision of schedule and cost progress to relevant RAMS Manager
• Ensure the provision of RAMS requirements, if any, and the Hazard Log to the relevant Product RAMS Engineer
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Experienced with developing safety analyses at the signaling integration or signaling subsystem level, using such standards as:
• CENELEC, specifically EN 50126/50128/50129
• AREMA, in particular Section 17
- Hazard analyses to be developed can be but are not limited to:
• Signaling System PHA
• Signaling System Hazard Analysis
• Signaling Subsystems Hazard Analysis
• Signaling System Operation & Support Hazard Analysis
• Signaling System Failure Modes & Effects Hazard Analysis
• Signaling System Cut Over Safety Analysis
- Ability to read and understand system level safety plans and/or system level preliminary hazard analyses, so as to tailor signaling level safety analyses to fit into the overall assessment and certification process.
- Ability to develop (at the signaling system level) or support (at the system level) the project Hazard Log/DCCCs/CCCs, including the safety verification of the mitigations provided for hazard closure by the validation team(s).
- Ability to develop (at the signaling system level) or support (at the system level) the final safety or certification documentation, such as but not limited to:
• MIL-STD-882C/D/E Safety Reports
• CENELEC EN 50129 GA/SA Safety Cases
• FTA Design or Contraction Conformance Checklists (DCCCs/CCCs)
- Experienced in developing RAM Analyses at the at the signaling integration or signaling subsystem level, using such standards as:
- Ability to read and understand system level RAM Plans so as to tailor signaling level RAM analyses to fit into the overall RAM assessment program
- Ability to develop and/or support RAM Demonstration at the signaling integration level
- Highly development written and oral communication skills – including familiarity and experience with Microsoft tools, such as
• MS Word
• MS Excel
• MS Viso
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• All of the above + also:
- Ability to develop RAM and Safety Program Plans, for Signaling Integration Projects from technical specifications
- Ability to review the RAM and Safety work provided by junior level engineers or subcontractors
Education / Qualifications
• Bachelors degree preferred or High School with equivalent technical background
• English Proficiency
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.