Job ID: R0006175
Date Posted: Dec 17, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Principal ATS Test Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Manages a team of engineers and technicians (~60 full time and contract) that provides Software Assurance services for the Automated Dispatching Systems (ADS) department for global rail and mass transit projects. Also provides guidance and direction for a growing off-shore test team. This position is expected to provide both leadership and management of all assigned duties.
The role consists of leading various teams within the function including:
• A project focused team that is responsible for all project planning, testing and qualification of our system in various global environments.
• A verification team responsible for the testing and verification of our general product including the initial qualification of all new product features.
• A team of test engineers assigned to various scrum teams that are responsible for test development and testing-in-parallel of our system software.
• All safety related testing required to support the higher level system safety case.
• Providing input and guidance to off shore test teams involved in our product development and project executions.
Responsible for assigning staff to projects and our various teams, and for assuring associates perform to expectations in support of assigned activities. This includes:
• Managing the development of ADS associates to assure they have the skills needed to support assigned projects and objectives.
• Coaching and mentoring assigned staff supporting their growth and development.
• Assuring all teams are appropriately staffed.
• Tracking department activities to assure they are completed in a timely and quality manner to support project objectives including project budget and schedule.
• Managing all suppliers who are assisting with testing and Assurance activities.
Responsible for the development, execution and improvement of assigned processes and practices. This includes:
• Leading the development of the strategy for current and future Software Assurance activities.
• Working with Software Assurance leads to define project assurance and test strategies, plans and time tables.
• Assuring related project risks are identified and addressed with project leadership (including mitigation strategies).
• Coordinating processes and activities across all teams (Project, Scrum, V&V, etc.) so we have a consistent strategy, test standards, processes, quality and consistency of verification.
• Collaborating with other managers to identify opportunities for improving assurance and development practices while reducing costs and time to market.
• Identifying and implementing new and/or improved testing methods and practices.
• Collecting, analyzing and publishing metrics associated with department and project assurance activities.
• Minimum of 10 years of software quality assurance experience, to include a minimum of 3 years in a lead role or management position.
• Must possesses working knowledge of structured engineering development and Software Quality Assurance practices including requirements generation, design reviews, verification processes, engineering documentation and configuration management.
• Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative, agile, etc.) and contemporary software quality tools.
• Experience working in a project based environment.
• Experience with Scrum and Agile processes.
• Must have high degree of flexibility and high comfort level while working on many tasks in parallel.
• Success in this job will depend critically on working well with others both within the group and in other areas, strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Experience in managing and working with distributed team members in a global environment.
• Experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics.
• Previous work experience in Linux, VMS, or windows in a highly networked environment desired.
• Experience with software security and risk assessment and mitigation desired.
• Experience with development of test case automation desired.
• Working knowledge or Program Management methods and practices including resource planning, scheduling and project controlling.
• Bachelor Degree required
• English Proficiency
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.