Job ID: R0006173
Date Posted: Dec 17, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Automation Testing Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
• Plans test activities for medium complexity projects, within the project schedules, and estimate the hours required to conduct all Test and Quality Assurance activities.
• Identifies the scope of testing required for medium complexity releases.
• Creates test plans/protocols/procedures for each release. Assure all test documentation is complete prior to the start of the test cycle.
• Executes tests according to defined test plans, procedures and cases.
• Identifies and log defects in the defect tracking tool.
• Assists with the classification, management and resolution of all software defects.
• Monitors test progress and provide frequent progress reports to project team during test cycle.
• Participates in program, design and document reviews (including requirements reviews).
• At the end of a test cycle publish metrics of test results in a timely manner. Work with project team and Functional Management to identify areas for improvement.
• Be the voice of the customer assuring that we do what is necessary to deliver a quality product.
• Actively facilitate the coordination and completion of the scheduled tasks with team members.
• Assists the Quality Assurance team in the establishment/modification of department processes and follows/documents all work associated with the assigned responsibilities fully and accurately.
• Follows established Quality Assurance processes and standards for the formal delivery of work artifacts.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Completes specific work as assigned with minimal assistance. Assignments are varied in nature and limited in scope/complexity.
• 3-5 years of experience in software development or an associated discipline
• Working knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance practices
• Experience working in Agile Scrum environment
• Fundamental knowledge of Linux or UNIX operating system
• Familiarity with basic networking concepts
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to own and lead and the testing effort for complex and medium size projects
• Microsoft Windows operating system education/experience
• Microsoft Office, EXCEL and WORD education/experience
Desired Skills & Experience
• Knowledge and use of quality management methods and tools
• Working experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl, BASH
• Previous work experience and/or knowledge of rail related applications
English- Native Language
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.