Job ID: R0006179
Date Posted: Dec 17, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Deputy Construction Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is currently based in Boston, MA, but may be required to move locations in the future to support business opportunities within other geographic areas of the United Sates.
MBTA Commuter Rail North Side Automatic Train Control Program includes the design and integration of a new train control system, improvements to existing signaling systems, and upgrades to the power network for the Commuter Rail lines on the Northern side of Boston.
• Reporting to the MBTA NSATC Construction Manager:
o Manage the installation of technological systems for the assigned Work Packages within the constraints of cost, schedule, scope, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
o Ensure the coordination and supervision of all site activities including civil and technological works in accordance with the Approved Installation Plan.
o Report on progress and status of work, forecasting risks and opportunities and reporting any deviations of scope, schedule, cost or quality
• Maintain the Project Installation Schedule throughout the life of the Project interfacing with the Project Planner to maintain the Project Master Schedule.
• Ensure compliance with the Approved for Construction Design and manage any non-conformances in accordance with the Quality Plan.
• When delegated by the Construction manager, represent the Project at site coordination meetings with the Client and liaise with various project entities, third parties and/or stakeholders
• Identify and implement recovery actions to maintain the delivery plan in accordance with the contract.
• Manage interface coordination efforts for site activities with other site stakeholders and Fixed Facilities Contractors, (FFC’s) as required for timely completion of the Project
• Provide constructability reviews of plans and specifications to evaluate scheduled activities and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, and coordinate the availability of requisite equipment
• Confer with, and direct personnel and sub-contractors with respect to interpreting specifications and executing safe work methods.
• Provide leadership onsite to ensure the health and safety of the workforce and community and meet all environmental obligations;
• Coordinate with the Commissioning Manager for handover of the installed system and subsequent test, commissioning and start-up activities
• Support Engineering and Project Management for the timely processing of changes and release of revised plans to expedite progress of the work.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Five years of relevant Management experience.
• Demonstrated experience in managing sub-contractors of various tiers and key stakeholders on projects.
• Knowledge of the specifics attendant to Design-Build projects.
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to meet deadlines and successfully handle pressures associated with site construction works
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, peers and third parties.
• Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential business information.
• Working knowledge of MS Suite tools
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Excellent understanding of Construction and/or Project Management techniques, planning, and scheduling skills
• Demonstrated experience in construction management of rail transit systems and/or transportation systems in urban environments
• Experience working with the MBTA
• Experience with MS Project and/or Primavera P6 Scheduling tools
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management is preferred
• English - Proficient
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.