Job ID: R0006197
Date Posted: Dec 18, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Sales Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
• Act as the primary interface to assigned customer accounts, representing the company with integrity and professionalism.
• Achieve the sales targets assigned in compliance with the company strategy.
• Define and implement customer account strategies, prioritizing opportunities (including procurement pre-qualification decisions), supporting the definition of the business unit short/medium term strategic plan and the yearly budget/target.
• Manage offers submission and negotiation according to delegated authority.
• Identify and assess market trends, business opportunities, customer needs and orientations, competitors, and potential strategic partners.
• Lead discussions with clients and partner addressing win to win solutions.
• Interact with other company’s departments (Engineering, Finance, Project Delivery, and Procurement) to discuss and analyze technical matters on offers proposed.
• Provide knowledge on markets, clients, political environment, competitors, projects, resources, technical solutions to support the Sales & Business Development strategy definition, ensuring capitalization and sharing of knowledge
Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Over 5 years of experience in Sales, Business Development or Bidding position, or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
• Experience in business operations and/or commercial activities, such as negotiation and contracting skills in a B2B context.
• Technical aptitude and the ability to learn technical matter.
• Planning and Organizational skills to plan and execute a customer account strategy.
• Data mining and analysis skills to analyze customer and industry data.
• Public speaking capabilities and strong communicator skills.
• Basic Office Suites knowledge (mostly Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Strategic and global mindset.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Prior experience working in the railroad industry (preferred)
• Technical knowledge in emerging fields of big data & analytics, cybersecurity, and software development (desired, but not necessary)
Education / Qualifications
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.