Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Project Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of engineering tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Achievement of the delivery of design work packages on schedule and in accordance with the planned budget;
- Responsible for leading work packet Project Monitoring and Control activities including maintaining schedule, CTC, MPR updates, meeting minutes, risk register, and change orders;
- Prioritization and monitoring of Engineering status, and execution of tasks within functional areas that includes engineering and engineering support activities;
- Facilitates scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer;
- Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution;
- Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards;
- Ensure that project objectives are communicated to the project team and monitors that all technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule;
- Ensure that correct Configuration Management (including document management and transmittal process) is always in place;
- Responsible for the Engineering Solution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as project engineer or lead systems/design engineer for Engineering system applications;
- Prior experience with basic Project Management:
- Maintaining and controlling budget
- Schedule monitoring/development
- Maintaining risk register
- Resource and task management
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle;
- Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools;
- Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience;
- Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time;
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills;
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background.
- Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience, but not required;
- Familiar with Wayside Engineering products, technology, and project deliverables;
- Prefer prior experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work;
- Experience with overall systems architecture design;
- Experience with robust, mission critical control systems;
- Experience with providing leadership in either a functional management or project management role.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.