Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior System Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in San Francisco, CA.
The position is based San Francisco, CA. Our project will increase the capacity of the transit authority’s Transbay Tube, the most heavily traveled part of the system between San Francisco and Oakland for some 118 million passengers annually. Join the team that will help improve the system’s overall reliability, and maintainability, reducing costs while increasing the frequency of trains in the Bay area.
- Analyze customer supplied system specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into software requirements
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and company standard software products
- Create requirement documents, including high level design documents, interface control design documents and detailed software requirements and specifications, and requirements traceability documents.
- Be the primary technical interface to the customer throughout the life-cycle of the project and act as technical liaison relative to the software development effort with other departments within the company working on the same project.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Possess 5+ years of experience as a systems engineer or business analyst for a large, complex software application
- Be able to demonstrate prior experience:
- Writing clear, measurable, testable software requirements
- Eliciting information from multiple sources and creating requirements for a software solution that satisfies all inputs
- Decomposing customer and internal systems specifications into software requirement specifications
- Acting as a technical liaison with end-user clients during the development of software requirements, designs, and test procedures
- Creating large and complex Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) documents including Interface Control Design Documentation (ICDD) and Software Architecture Design (SAD) documents
- Creating a Requirement Traceability Matrix from test procedures back to requirements and customer specifications
- Using requirement management systems, software configuration management tools, and MS Office suite
- Possess experience in software development
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent presentation skills and time management
- Possess excellent leadership skills in motivating project/product personnel towards a common goal
- Possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions
- Have the ability to think strategically in groups to understand and evaluate the potential impact of long-term decisions
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
- Experience with overall systems architecture design
- Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
- Experience with DOORS
- Experience in an Agile environment
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical background.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.