HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Signaling Commissioning Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Washington, DC.
- Execute and responsible for testing and commissioning activities of a Rail Transit System from the end of installation to the start of revenue service
- Conduct all testing and commissioning activities in full compliance with company standards, contract requirements, project schedule, approved test procedures, quality, safety, and environmental objectives
- Provide first level of customer support and be the primary contact to the customer when issues arise
- Create and issue test documentation and reports
- Regularly report test and commissioning progress and status to the Commissioning Manager.
- Manage the configuration of documentation, hardware and software in the field
- Perform troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system and subsystem issues and when required escalate issues to engineering and management
- Able to work independently and in team environment with minimal supervision
- Able to work under pressure during intense periods of testing and commissioning activities
- Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to interact with customer and project team in a professional manner
- Maintain and develop own professional competence and skills
- Basic working knowledge with one or more of the following Rail Trains System: Automatic Train Control, Communication Base Train Control, Positive Train Control
- Experience and knowledge of implementation engineering processes covering testing and commissioning
- Experience and knowledge of reviewing engineering drawing, blue prints and schematic diagrams
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the Rail Transit System environment
- Equipment Installation Processes
- Test & Commissioning Processes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Health, Safety and Environment
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- 1 year related experience
- Previous experience in Testing & Commissioning of large infrastructure projects.
- Basic working knowledge of Rail Transit Subsystem such as Automatic Train Supervision, Vehicle, Telecommunication, Platform Screen Gates, Traction Electrification, SCADA, CCTV, Radios, GPS, etc.
- Basic understanding of software configuration managements (CM)
- Basic understanding of software programming logic
- Ability to read, understand, and implement scripts written in various scripting languages (BASH, python, Perl)
- Basic working knowledge of the Linux or UNIX operating system
- Operation and Maintenance Processes
- Manage and lead assigned resources and suppliers in order to perform the tests and troubleshooting activities
- Railway Operations and Signaling principles
- Planning and organization
- Integrated System Tests
- Validation and Verification Processes
- System requirements definition
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Associate Degree, or High school in technical area or Equivalent Technical background
Languages: English Proficiency
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.