Survey/Design Engineer, Intelligent Fleet Decarbonisation (IFD)
About Hitachi Social Innovation
Hitachi Social Innovation addresses the world’s most challenging social and environmental challenges. By focussing on more efficient usage of assets and systems, we extract value to reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call the double bottom line. Combining 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT, we harness Hitachi’s broad capabilities in R&D to deliver cutting edge AI and IOT solutions in the core areas of transport, manufacturing and energy.
We currently require a Survey / Design Engineer to work as part of the Social Innovation team in its newly formed ‘Intelligent Fleet Decarbonisation’ Business. You will be responsible for providing technical assistance to the Operations team on clients EV fleet requirements which includes electric infrastructure, civil works, back-office software and integration considerations and onwards hand over to delivery teams.
- Deliver growth for the e-Mobility business through the development of EV charging and e-Mobility solutions
- Conduct site surveys covering electrical infrastructure and civil works, understanding the impact of this on the rollout and development of EV solutions
- Technical assistance, in the pre-sales phase, to the EVCP Business Managers in the various countries.
- Provide technical input to proposals and bids for EV solutions, from strategic EV fleet requirements to electric infrastructure, civil works, back-office software and integration considerations and onwards hand over to delivery teams
- Produce commercial and financial models detailing the costs, benefits and considerations associated with different EV infrastructure approaches and solutions
- Active monitoring in the technical and regulatory field and updating relevant operational policies and processes to maintain compliance.
- Analysis of the specifications in RFI, RFQs
- Participates in the drafting of technical briefs and offers.
- Advises and supports the Business Managers in the technical choices of the solution.
- Proposes technical solutions in line with the customer's requirements.
- Participates in the presentation of technical offers to clients when necessary.
- Actively participates in the feedback of the business by benchmarking our offers with competitors and/or the market, when possible.
- Accompanies and supports the Account Managers throughout the sales phase (negotiation, etc.).
- Carry out the analysis of the reports of the visits carried out by the Project Manager (technical and regulatory aspects).
- Carry out the preliminary and design studies for the project, including plans and diagrams for the installation of the charging stations, power balances and calculation notes.
- Develops offers and technical recommendations.
- Suggestions for improving the materials used by the Account Managers for greater efficiency.
- Ensures the monitoring and compliance with standards by the 3rd parties
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of implications of electrification of transport, including different options available, timing considerations as well as key challenges
- Clear understanding of the EV charging markets, its ecosystem and driving forces
- Technical understanding of EV charging solutions including the different manufacturers, software solutions, payment methods and intermediate platforms
- Experience of developing EV charging infrastructure solutions from £10k -£2m
- Expert user of cable calculation software
- Expert user of AutoCAD
- Expertise of BS7671 Requirements for electrical installations
- Knowledge and previous experience of high-voltage systems
- Knowledge of ICP, IDNO and DNO workings and the implementation and delivery of supply upgrades and new points of connection
- Previous experience in a large, complex environment
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to manage, liaise with and cultivate excellent working relationships with senior stakeholders
- Critical thinker
- Broader understanding of account management, commercial and operations delivery model
- UK Driving License
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 8 days per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to cover family members
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Dental insurance with option to include dependent children
- Health screening