Job ID: R0005561
Date Posted: May 31, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS Sweden AB
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for a passionate engineer, who is driven to exceed expectations in an international environment. Do you want to be a part of prestigious projects whose outcome will affect a lot of people every day? Then the role as Signalling Design Engineer at Hitachi Rail might be something for you!
Hitachi Rail is now looking for this key position to strengthen their engineering organization within the railway business. The company is in an exciting period with interesting projects.
The position is based in Solna, Sweden.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Working with us in Sweden
Solna (Stockholm) is the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Sweden.
A diverse, inclusive and responsible culture is the root of our company where we consider hiring the right people and treating them well, as key factors of our sustainable success.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with pioneering spirits, driven by customer satisfaction and company global growth.
While our resources are pooled in Stockholm, individuals in each technical area work across overall Scandinavian markets (Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway) and beyond.
As member of the global Hitachi Rail group, you may be offered to take part in global projects and to team-up with colleagues from around the world.
Benefits: In Sweden our employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay and Pension, as well as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
- Ensure the delivery of HW/SW design and configuration of the Signalling system
- Ensure the delivery of Functional Signalling Design (schemes, specification documents, test reports ,system requirements and architecture, interface control, scheme plans, control tables, block design, and analysis) compliant to project requirements, budget and schedule and to industry standards, company guidelines and processes
- Ensure reviews on configuration activities (input data, data preparation, production of the parameters, SW files)
- Ensure that all input data, documents and executable files are issued and controlled in accordance with company processes and guidelines
- Contribute to the processes improvements
- Ensure the effective implementation of the lessons-learnt where the detected design errors, process and tool inefficiencies and the related corrective actions are duly recorded
- Ensure the delivery of estimates (hours and time) for your tasks
- If designated Work package leader for any design work (HW and SW) ensure the contributors to the package provide the inputs, keep the project deadlines and provide status report to project leader.
Required Skills and Experience
-Minimum 3 years experience in Signalling, Electric Electronic , Computer engineering or equivalent technical background
- Awareness on EN standards
- Knowledge of system engineering lifecycle and concepts
- Preferably worked with ERTMS/Interlocking/ATC Systems/ CBTC Systems projects
- Strong problem Solving capability and good analytical skills
SACO Ann Christin Bengtsson [email protected]
Unionen Yang Wang [email protected]