5+ to 7 Years
(duties listed as bullets)
- Plan, execute, monitor and control Design, configuration, test and commissioning activities for the telecommunication system according to the overall program schedule.
- Analyze technology environment
- Identify, analyze and manage requirements
- Identify and resolve interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
- Architect and Integrate medium-complex telecommunications systems with particular attention to Networking technologies
- Prepare Conceptual, Preliminary, Detailed and Installation Design for each Telecom & Security technology
- Participate in products selection
- Create Bill of Materials and support Purchasing Department to order equipment in particular for the Wired and Wireless telecommunications networks
Required Skills & Experience
(MUST-HAVE minimum requirements)
- Knowledge of principles, practices, methods, terminology and trends in communications engineering including the fields of radio frequency allocations, electromagnetic wave propagation, and radio frequency field strength measurements and tolerances.
- Knowledge of fiber optics, computers, digital communications processors, servers, programming, applications, software, and hardware related to radio communications.
- Exposure to Passenger Information Systems technologies.
- Extensive working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
- Extensive experience with network architecture design
- Working Knowledge of network design patterns, constraints and protocols (CCNP or equivalent certification required)
- Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
- Working knowledge of wireless communications in demanding scenarios
- Prior Experience with RAMS deliverable
- Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
- Excellent ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
- Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
- Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information
Desired Skills & Experience
(Your Ideal Candidate- knowing the ideal candidate doesn’t exist)
- knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree
- From 2 to 5 years of Railway System Engineering expertise
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.