Job ID: R0006305
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated PRODUCTION MANAGER who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Medley, Florida.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
The Production Manager will be required to perform the following project and management accounting duties as part of a dynamic rail transportation company: Review blueprints, specifications, and contract documents for the production of mass transit railcars. Develop production plans and oversee production by supervisors and mechanical and electrical assembly workers. Review production schedules and output with production supervisors; adjust assignments, duties, and procedures to maintain optimal work flow; requisition staff and equipment; review and resolve labor, supply, and equipment issues; monitor daily production, review reports, and ensure ongoing compliance with contractual and quality standards; collaborate with engineers and materials managers to resolve equipment, assembly and performance issues; implement production strategies to minimize labor costs and maximize efficiency; investigate and resolve production bottlenecks; report to the site manager.
Requires a Bachelor’s in mechanical or industrial engineering. Position requires one year of experience as a production manager for the production of mass transit and intercity railcars.
Experience required with the following:
(1) experience with discretionary authority over the production of mass transit and intercity railcars, with responsibility for ensuring railcars are completed on schedule and within budget, and complied with contractual requirements and quality standards;
(2) experience reviewing blueprints, specifications and contract documents;
(3) experience developing production plans, and reviewing production schedules and output with production supervisors;
(4) experience with the review and resolution of labor, supply and equipment issues; and
(5) experience collaborating with industrialization engineers and materials managers to resolve equipment, assembly and performance issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.