Job ID: R0006052
Date Posted: Jan 5, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS Canada, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Executive
Job Schedule: Full time
The selected individual will be responsible for selling integrated solutions (that bring together both hardware and software products) to achieve revenue/sales targets within the Canada Region. They will be deeply involved in the direct sales process by managing new and existing accounts of regional, national, or strategic significance. This position serves as a key point of contact between the client and the organization and Informs clients of new integrated solutions offerings and recommends integrated solutions that suit clients’ business needs.
• Act as the primary interface to assigned customer accounts, representing the company with integrity and professionalism.
• Achieve the sales targets assigned in compliance with the company strategy.
• Define and implement customer account strategies, prioritizing opportunities (including procurement pre-qualification decisions), supporting the definition of the business unit short/medium term strategic plan and the yearly budget/target.
• Manage offers submission and negotiation according to delegated authority.
• Identify and assess market trends, business opportunities, customer needs and orientations, competitors, and potential strategic partners.
• Lead discussions with clients and partner addressing win to win solutions.
• Interact with other company’s departments (Engineering, Finance, Project Delivery, and Procurement) to discuss and analyze technical matters on offers proposed.
• Provide knowledge on markets, clients, political environment, competitors, projects, resources, technical solutions to support the Sales & Business Development strategy definition, ensuring capitalization and sharing of knowledge
Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Over 7 years of experience in Sales, Business Development or Bidding position, or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
• Experience in business operations and/or commercial activities, such as negotiation and contracting skills in a B2B context.
• Technical aptitude and the ability to learn technical matter.
• Planning and Organizational skills to plan and execute a customer account strategy.
• Data mining and analysis skills to analyze customer and industry data.
• Public speaking capabilities and strong communicator skills.
• Basic Office Suites knowledge (mostly Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Strategic and global mindset.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Prior experience working in the railroad or transit industry
• Technical knowledge in emerging fields of big data & analytics, cybersecurity, and software development (desired, but not necessary)
Education / Qualifications