- Ensure that the Commissioning Managers are executing and supporting the delivery of the projects as required.
- Ensure the execution of the turnkey and system commissioning activities in accordance with the company plan.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a resource plan detailing skills and effort required for the assigned projects.
- Act as a representative of the Engineering & Commissioning Unit, if required, to support the Senior Commissioning Manager and/or Commissioning Manager in accordance with the PM / Project Team, when dealing with Customers/Authorities/ Contractors/ Subcontractors.
- Prepare estimates for new project bids to forecast necessary labor and other costs.
- Develop technical and strategic proposals during the bid stage of a project detailing the process and plan for the commissioning phase of that project.
- Coordinate with functional groups to adequately staff the commissioning teams in the field.
- Responsible for managing the development of the Commissioning Management Group via the yearly performance development process.
- Act as the local referent for the Integrated Management System for the Commissioning Unit.
- Represent the Commissioning Unit during internal and external audits.
- Ensure rules foreseen by the HSE plans are implemented on site by the Senior Commissioning Manager and/or Commissioning Manager.
- Ensure the effective integration of the detailed planning for all assigned projects in agreement with the Commissioning strategy.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of people, processes and procedures in accordance with company policy for the Engineering & Commissioning Unit.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- 10 – 15 Years of high level Commissioning Manager experience within North America.
- 10 – 15 Years of direct management experience.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- 5 – 10 Years of commissioning complex technical turnkey systems, preferably within the Rail Industry.
- Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.