Job ID: R0006242
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail STS USA is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Construction Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable working with various stakeholders in order to deliver a signaling system upgrade on a large operating commuter rail system.
The position is based in Boston, MA.
Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems.
MBTA Commuter Rail North Side Automatic Train Control Program includes the design and integration of a new train control system, improvements to existing signaling systems, and upgrades to the power network for the Commuter Rail lines on the Northern side of Boston.
Reporting to the MBTA NSATC Program Manager, the Senior Construction Manager will:
• Manage the installation of technological systems for the assigned Work Packages within the constraints of cost, schedule, scope, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
• Ensure the coordination and supervision of all site activities including civil and technological works in accordance with the Approved Installation Plan.
• Report on progress and status of work, forecasting risks and opportunities and reporting any deviations of scope, schedule, cost or quality
• Maintain the Project Installation Schedule throughout the life of the Project interfacing with the Project Planner to maintain the Project Master Schedule.
• Ensure compliance with the Approved for Construction Design and manage any non-conformances in accordance with the Quality Plan.
• Support the Engineering Department to resolve technical issues based upon knowledge and experience working in the field
• Represent the Project at site coordination meetings with the Client and liaise with various project entities, third parties and/or stakeholders
• Identify and implement recovery actions to maintain the delivery plan in accordance with the contract.
• Manage interface coordination efforts for site activities with other site stakeholders including railway operators and utility providers for timely completion of the installation works.
• Provide constructability reviews of plans and specifications to evaluate scheduled activities and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, and coordinate the availability of requisite equipment
• Direct personnel and sub-contractors with respect to planning the work, interpreting specifications and executing the work safely.
• Provide leadership onsite to ensure the health and safety of the workforce and community and meet all environmental obligations;
• Coordinate with the Commissioning Manager for handover of the installed equipment for test, commissioning and cutover activities.
• Support Engineering and Project Management for the timely processing of changes and release of revised plans to expedite progress of the work.
• Have a strong commercial acumen and be able to compliment current overall Program Management accordingly with Project strategies.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Minimum Fifteen (15) years of relevant Construction Management, Program Management or Project Management experience.
• Demonstrated experience in managing sub-contractors of various tiers and key stakeholders on projects.
• Knowledge of the specifics attendant to installing equipment on an operating railway.
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to meet deadlines and successfully handle pressures associated with site construction works conducted 24/7.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, peers and third parties.
• Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential business information.
• Working knowledge of MS Suite tools
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Understanding of Project Management techniques, planning, and scheduling skills
• Experience working with the MBTA or comparable transit agencies executing a major capital Program.
• Strong Project Teaming skills and ability to decipher critical Project needs.
• Experience with MS Office tools
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management is preferred
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.