As a Project Manager, you will have project ownership from quote hand off to project close, providing customer support & communication, and ultimately responsible for the related activities performed by multi-disciplined cross functional teams. We take a disciplined approach to project management, clearly defining objectives, timing, and critical elements to ensure success.
JR Automation is seeking a Project Manager for our Ogden, Utah location.
What You'll Do:
- Upon project award, you will be responsible for the leadership of the project including scope and scope change management, schedule management, cost management, open issue management, requirements confirmation and definition, risk analysis, project kickoff, performance management and compliance assurance.
- Lead a cross-functional project team through JR’s Project Execution Process (PEP) with overall responsibility.
- Acceptance and sharing of best practices and lessons learned, continuously improving the JR Project Execution Process (PEP).
- In depth understanding of the financial details and budget of each assigned project.
- Acts as the driving force for the team and requires cooperation through each portion of the project.
- Support and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (ISO 9001).
- Maintain working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or 7+ years of applicable experience within the industrial automation or comparable industry
- Technical/Engineering highly preferred
- Must have experience in direct customer commercial management and cross-functional team leadership.
- Possess a strong technical background.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Moderately advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Intermediate competency in MS Project
- Must have the ability to become proficient in company systems, processes and tools.
Skills You'll Have
- Possess and demonstrate the interpersonal and leadership skills to build positive relationships with key customer contacts responsible for decision making at all levels of the organization.
- Actively listen, probe, and identify concerns. Understand customer's business and speak their language.
- Develop credibility, loyalty, trust, and commitment.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proactive decision analysis capabilities; takes into consideration size, complexity, visible and unknown risks, timelines, etc.
- Ability to manage projects that may crossover to other JR locations.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!