* Multiple Positions Available
As a Field Service Engineer, you will travel to customer sites to repair various automation solutions including material handling systems, assembly lines, robotic welding & more. Positions are available in various locations including
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Liberty, South Carolina
- Michigan - Holland, Stevensville, Auburn Hills
- Ogden, Utah
JR Automation drives change by learning and innovating faster than anyone else. As a member of a the service team you’ll work alongside a cross-functional team to repair, retrofit, design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Travel to customer sites on a moment’s notice to perform troubleshooting and repair functions. This may include long hours, nights, weekends and holiday work.
- Complete a Field Service Report for each customer service call.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain robot controllers, electrical control devices, mechanical units, transfer devices and peripheral equipment.
- Maintain a service tool kit and documentation to facilitate rapid customer response.
- Provide telephone-based troubleshooting support to customers to resolve robot or related peripheral equipment operational problems on as needed basis.
- Robot and system programming and path editing of robot and related peripheral equipment to restore, maintain or optimize system performance.
- Conduct the electrical/hydraulic pneumatic debug, peripheral device programming, machine PLC programming, coordinate the machine debug, power-up, and machine validation.
- Install and repair industrial electronic equipment including I/O networks, data highways, variable speed drives, process control equipment, for a wide variety of automated control systems ranging from simple on-off control to robotics.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent; College degree preferred.
- Formal technical training in automated equipment maintenance and troubleshooting on robotic cells and PLC/HMI reprogramming Master certification preferred.
- 5 years of experience troubleshooting automated/robotic cells.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Ability to discuss, diagnose & repair robot operational and process problems as reported by the customer.
- Intermediate or expert proficiency in: Schematic interpretation
- Robotics, Electrical, Troubleshooting, PLC and HMI programming
- Proven mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Travel at least 50% of the time may be required. This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.
- Ability to complete Lock Out Tag Out training while employed at JR.
- Covid-19 Disclaimer: The health & safety of everyone at JR Automation is critical to our success. As an essential employee, you will work onsite at one of our facilities and follow the policies & practices in the JR Automation Covid-19 Safe Work Playbook. Social distancing, mask-wearing, and capacity limits are a few of the strategies we utilize.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!