*Multiple Positions Available
As a PFS/MES Project Engineer, you will blend your Controls & IT skills to design, integrate and tests systems at client sites. You'll work with clients to understand what is currently deployed in their facility, assess the systems for function, load & capacity and implements appropriate engineering automation solutions. This position is responsible for learning the client’s PFS/MES Systems, performing field checks, network and hardware designs, programming, configuring and validating system functionality. Typical technologies include Ethernet, Ethernet IP, PLCs (programmable logic controller), HMI (human-machine interface) software and PCs.
What You'll Do:
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
- Knowledge of MES Systems including Error Proofing, Quality Andon, Material Pull and Maintenance Alarming
- Meets with customers to document system requirements
- Develops and designs the PFS/MES system network, communications and hardware drawings
- Software packages utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and/or Human/Machine Interfaces (HMI) as well as customer developed MES system configuration
- Basic understanding of IT Infrastructure and Servers
- Examines and understands customer-supplied specifications to ensure the functionality of the equipment meets these specifications
- Ensures the equipment being started up and commissioned operates in accordance with the customer requirements as outlined in the approved specification
- Programs controls equipment and integrates systems per the customer specifications and with emphasis on both consuming and producing data
- Assists with checking design and details for proper functionality of both his/her work and the work of other engineers
- Provides timely, required service documentation relating to all functions performed
- Provides technical support and training to the end-user at the customer facility
- Ensures that products and services continue to be the benchmark within the industry
What You'll Bring:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or Technical Diploma that includes three years of college-level study
- 3+ years of experience designing software packages utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and/or Human/Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- 5+ years of experience with Ethernet IP, Ethernet and Device Net Networks
Skills You'll Have:
- Intermediate understanding of electrical circuits, PLC's (Programmable Logic Controller), HMI's (Human Machine Interface) device communication networks (DNET, ENET)
- Basic knowledge of IT systems such as servers, communications and databases.
- Ability to successfully work cross-organizationally
- Ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, as well as Google Applications (such as outlook, Calendar and Docs)
- Ability to work onsite within the Esys offices or at customer locations as required
- Ability to meet deadlines without endangering the safety of himself/herself or others, or the integrity of the equipment
- Ability to interact professionally with customers, and maintain a positive working relationship, which at times may be under difficult circumstances and/or high-pressure situations
- Ability to work well in both independent and team settings
- Travel to customers is required and includes extended travel depending on project and resource requirements
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!