Meet our Team
Our Solution Consultants represent Hitachi Vantara to clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver a profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. They are immensely capable, adaptable, confident, excellent communicators who are equally cool in front of large crowds and intimate groups. They are customer-oriented and capable of answering a wide variety of questions related to data driven infrastructure.
We are a collaborative and friendly group, supporting each other's ideas and working together for the success of our customers. Success is shared. We work closely with account managers to demonstrate the breadth and depth of the Hitachi Vantara Technical Portfolio. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
We are currently hiring an Inside Pre-Sales Consultant to be based in Dallas, Texas. The successful candidate must reside in the greater Dallas Area and will be required to work out of the Dallas field office. This is an Entry Level position within our Pre-Sales organization. The role would enable the right candidate to develop into a Field Sales Consultant reporting to the Area Director. The territory focus is the Americas and will be aligned to the Commercial Segment supporting Sales teams located throughout the country including: US West, US South, Canada and US Northeast Regions.What you'll be doing
The candidate will engage operationally with Hitachi Vantara Account Executives Including all Channel Partners, the ISV Ecosystem, Service Providers and the wider cross functional Hitachi Vantara team. Collaborating with these teams to promote the Hitachi Vantara vision and strategy, build pipeline and deliver revenue to exceed region goals. This role must focus on the business development aspects of the job yet also demonstrate a clear depth of technical understanding of the entire portfolio of products including Digital Infrastructure components; File, Block and Object Storage, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Management Software and Hybrid Cloud Solutions.What you bring to the team
- Engage with Hitachi Vantara inside field sales and partners to support the technical positioning of the entire Hitachi Vantara portfolio of products, services and solutions. Eager to demonstrate a clear technical understanding of the strengths and competitive advantages, the overall market and business drivers and the value proposition of the portfolio.
- Be a key contributor to the life-cycle of complex opportunities as the lead technical architect. Motivating the Account Managers and Channel Partners to increase successful closure of opportunities to drive revenue
- Work extensively with Technical Channel Partners on alignment and understanding of Hitachi Vantara's differentiators and GTM Strategies
- Demonstrate a client centric approach to ensure proposed solutions have technical impact, operational effectiveness and meet desired business outcomes
- Good understanding of storage solutions; Block, File and Object Theory
- Training with ESX, vSAN, NSX, vRealize is a plus
- Recent education with "X-as-a-Service" offerings embracing AWS, GCP or Azure Public Clouds highly desired
- Contribute to technology 'virtual communities' across the Hitachi Vantara business to share best practices, case studies and references
- Develop capability in consultative technology sales utilizing whiteboard briefings, solution demos and supporting technical information. Contribute to the technology sales components of a clients RFI, RFP response
- Interest in learning Management Software GUI and work with Demo Labs
- Partner and Distribution Channel knowledge highly desired
- Effective communicator with confident presentations skills as the technology evangelist
- Clear logical thinker with the ability to simplify and explain technology solution outcomes
- Ambitious, passionate team player who is self-motivated and empowered to deliver results
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent formal education
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge