As a Project Manager, you will have project ownership from quote hand off to project close, providing customer support & communication, and ultimately responsible for the related activities performed by multi-disciplined cross functional teams. We take a disciplined approach to project management, clearly defining objectives, timing, and critical elements to ensure success.
What You'll Do:
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
- You will provide leadership for projects including scope, risk, timing, cost, and quality.
- As the customer main point of contact, you will spend most of your time communicating and facilitating the design and build process and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- During the project you will report status updates. After project completion you will share best practices and lessons learned utilizing the JR Project Execution Process (PEP).
- Act as the driving force for the team, promoting cooperation, conflict resolution & negotiation.
- Have an in depth understanding of the financial details and budget of each assigned project.
- Examine and understand customer-supplied specifications in order to ensure the functionality of the equipment meets specifications
- Construct project timelines, monitor and manager those timelines to achieve all delivery milestones
- Ensures that products and services continue to be the benchmark within the industry
- Willing to perform engineering tasks
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or management or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience designing software packages either in mechanical or controls engineering discipline
- 1+ years working knowledge of manufacturing-type contracts, preferably in the automation or machine tool industries
- 1+ years working knowledge of equipment, process, and commonly used design practices for automation projects
- Experience with automation systems engineering and integration in the automotive manufacturing industry
Skills You'll Have:
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, controls and software engineering terms and principals
- Ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, strong communication and documentation skills
- Lead/Manage engineers and technical trades on project teams
- Travel to customers and other JR Automation locations is required and can include extended travel depending on project and resource requirements
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!