- Leads, develops and supports software solutions for metro systems.
- Creates software requirements from system requirements using DOORs.
- Design software from requirements in accordance with established design principles, procedures, and specifications.
- Prepare project and design documentation.
- Test software in lab and field environments to ensure compliance to requirements. This includes system integration testing with wayside, office and other systems as necessary.
- You will collaborate cross functionally and globally. Woven into our fabric is the core value that we are more successful collectively collaborating to create great results. While individual contributions are objectified and rewarded, succeeding as a team is favored over creating cast towers of individual knowledge.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills are imperatives to socialize and influence the organization.
- Provide software estimates for changes from either internal or external sources.
- Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Maintain the appropriate balance between speed and perfection while never compromising quality.
- Support the customer, co-workers, field-testing or production issues on weekends or after hours (as needed).
- 10-15 years’ software development experience using Object-Oriented Design principles and using C, C++, C#.
- Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience Rational Team Concert (RTC)
- Operating System – Windows, Linux, Embedded (No OS)
- Lead the software development effort on projects
- Mentor less experienced software engineers on technical and process areas
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Lifelong learner that shares and teaches what you learn.
- Established troubleshooting, diagnostic, analytical and debugging skills
- Experience with developing factory and field test procedures.
- Display problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions.
- Display ability to think strategically as part of a group to understand and evaluate the potential impact of long-term decisions.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Display excellent time management skills.
- Display excellent organizational skills.
- Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate competency in programming fundamentals.
- Experience in VHDL programming
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment, including writing and modifying shell scripts.
- Network Communications (TRDP)
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Developing or supporting bids and proposals for new work,
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum)
- English - Native Language
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.