Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders find and use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society. We combine technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Only Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. We work with organizations everywhere to drive data to meaningful outcomes.
Operating as part of a Global Centralized HR Support Center in the Global People Services & Enablement (GPSE) Team, the HR Shared Services Coordinator/Advisor is responsible for providing Human Resources administrative and staff support for Global HR, employees and managers. The HR Shared Services Coordinator/Advisor's primary responsibility is processing HR transactions including direct client interface as well as research, analysis, report preparation, interacting with employees and managers on a variety of HR issues, training and advising on policies and procedures, onboarding new employees, processing terminations, and preparing letters and company documents. Fast pace, heavy workload, changing priorities, demanding clients are part of the environment. Work is generally of a critical, time-sensitive or confidential nature. The HR Services Coordinator/Advisor will work in varying shifts allowing for support coverage during core business hours for their respective region.
• Process day to day HR transactions through Hitachi Vantara's ticketing system/internal case management tool (ServiceNow); Ensuring that all HR-critical administrative transactions are accurate and handled in a timely and compliant manner
• Tasks include but are not limited to:
o Respond to HR inquiries from employees and managers as per the defined guidelines through Hitachi Vantara's case management system
o Onboard new employees
o Submit/prepare promotion, transfer and change of status changes and letters and all required internal documentation related to such actions
o Process and prepare termination paperwork including voluntary, involuntary and settlement agreements where applicable and conduct exit interviews with terminating employees
o Assist HR with manager follow up on various employee and organizational needs
o Prepare reports as requested based on specific HR data (such as job requisitions, new hires, headcount, etc.)
• Assist with special HR projects - which can include plan, design, communication, and training and/or implementation logistics
• Minimum 1 - 2 years' experience in an HR support role, preferably in a shared services environment
• Must be highly proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and able to research, compile and clearly present information and data
• Experience with Oracle, ServiceNow or similar ticketing systems are strongly preferred
• Attention to detail and strong organization skills
• Excellent customer services skills
• Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced, professional, global business environment a plus
• Must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, and able to work independently on a virtual team
• Must be able to prioritize, deliver on deadlines, problem solve and multi-task
• Ability to learn and apply quickly, as well as to dispense/share knowledge in a team environment
• Must be able to work flexible work hours or shifts
• Bachelor's degree in business related discipline desired
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge