- Planning of preventive and corrective maintenance activities to meet train availability for service requirements
- Implements and follows-up on procedures and rules for service, repair and maintenance of rolling stock in relation to the technicians.
- Ensuring staff are competent and trained to follow safety and maintenance procedures and instructions
- Ensuring that sufficient materials, hand tools and equipment are on hand for maintenance activities
- Early identification of failure trends that may impact fleet availability
- Ensures that the Rolling Stock maintenance equipment is calibrated in accordance with manufacturers requirements
- Liaison and supervision of supplier’s staff who perform works on the Rolling Stock.
- Preparation of reports as directed by the Rolling Stock and Depot Manager
- Performance appraisals of staff in accordance with HR guidelines.
- Manages the resources assigned to Rolling Stock maintenance section in order to optimize utilization of all resources.
- Identifies training needs for all personnel in the Rolling Stock maintenance section
- Prepares annual and long-range forecasts of all car maintenance operational
- Implements sound employee relations and practices within the parameters of the O&M organization regulations and agreements
- Assists in developing, planning and implementing the department's preventive maintenance, component overhaul and rehabilitation and replacement program.
- Conducts special studies and investigations and acts as a trouble shooter
- Responsible for conducting inspections and acceptance of new trains maintenance
- Perform related duties as requested by the Rolling Stock and Depot Manager.
- Role requires flexibility and efficiently which require midnight shift, shift rotation, weekends and holidays work typical of major infrastructure projects and operating transit systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.