Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
Responsible for training and guiding team to performing installation, configuration, trouble-shooting and testing HV (Hitachi Vantara) storage/appliance solution products as a roll of technical expert. Collect and Analyze operation data of daily production and deviation, based on which cooperate with team lead to improve team execution, efficiency. Responsible for ISO and CCC audit acting team internal auditor. Cooperation and coordination with global CTO teams.... Responsibilities
1. Daily review manufacturing data for collecting and finding improvement opportunity and solutions.
2. Identify and track manufacturing issues with providing necessary technical consultation and guidance even solutions.
3. Perform periodic and aperiodic quality checks and audits on HV products.
4. Perform periodic and urgent training for team members with product upgrade, work instruction/build guide/standard procedure update and etc.
5. Co-work and sync with global CTO teams on technical capability and unified engineering deployment or changes.
6. Responsible for POD (Proof of Design) and POC (Proof of Concept) with the Global CTO Team or manager's arrangement.
7. Perform periodic ISO/CCC audits with alignment with Quality team and internal related training.
8. Interfaces with other departments to ensure consistency in quality and quantity standards and ensure schedules are being adhered to.
9. Provide day to day data management operational support for HV storage system. This includes device and component preparation, solution testing, data placement, backup retention, recall, recovery, and LUN deletion. Storage management requires focus upon compliance obligations, security, capacity planning, performance, and reporting elements. This also includes the maintenance and management of infrastructure, and related storage software. All integrated with NAS and SAN subsystems, and/or virtual online and offline solutions. Customization of software and tools may be included in this support, as well as storage level problem determination and resolution.
10. Perform other duties as required or requested by manager. Qualifications
• In-depth knowledge of storage and server technology. Technical Specialists in this job role will have expertise in one or more storage system technology areas. Examples include disk, optical, SAN, NAS, or storage software related to these technologies. Typical examples of the deliverables are building proof-of-concept solutions with storage system technology and architecting storage solutions to address client requirements
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS and it's components.
• Knowledge of Oracle experience is an added advantage
• Knowledge of QC 7 tools for addressing issues and find solutions
• Detail oriented, thorough, logical and methodical.
• Good interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
• Good Office and English skills.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in computer science and/or related field.
Min 5 years' related experience in SAN storage and server technology
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.