Responsible for performing a wide variety of assembly, installation, testing, and trouble-shooting on high end data storage computer equipment. Must analyze and correct errors with proper diagnostic techniqes and carefully follow all procedures. Responsible for updating records, process control documents, and work order documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analyze customer orders and configuration instructions for accuracy
2. Assemble, install, configure and test according to product specification
3. Follow documented procedures and perform all work in a uniform and consistent manner.
4. Update records/inventory system with all changes
5. Makes sure all equipment is at current engineering and microcode levels
6. Interfaces with other employees to ensure work-flow is consistent (quality and quantity standards) and that schedules are met.
7. Maintains work area in a professional manner conducive to a productive work environment.
8. Performs various other duties as required and requested by Configuration Supervisors and other Management Staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of computer storage devices
• Mechanical ability and/or technologically literate
• Proficient in MS Windows applications. Oracle experience is a plus
• Excellent listening skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be detail oriented, very thorough, logical and methodical
• Excellent communication skills and able to be a team player
• Familiar with of ISO9001 principles and applications
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Associates degree (or higher) and major in science and technology.
2 - 3 years related experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.