As a Senior Controls Engineer, you will utilize your technical electrical design & programming expertise to create custom industrial automation systems. As a member of a project team you’ll work alongside our Applications, Mechanical and Skilled Trades to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement and document controls systems (electrical, software, pneumatic, hydraulic) for various types of automated equipment
- Conduct the electrical/hydraulic pneumatic design, peripheral device programming, machine PLC programming, coordinate the machine debug, power-up and machine validation with the appropriate build and electrical teams
- Ensure that equipment is designed and programmed to customer and/or JR Automation build specifications using standard techniques and approach.
- Travel to customer sites for installation and startup of equipment
- Responsible for project deliverables as it relates to performance, timing and cost
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.What You’ll Bring:
Skills You’ll Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- At least five years of related experience/training within the automation industry/systems.
- Five+ years’ experience with PLC's, HMI, Robot, AutoCAD, Motion Control, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, and/or Vision Systems.
- Experience with machine vision applications (Cognex, Keyance, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with motion control, coordinated drives, and safety
- Hardware and software experience.
- Design software packages utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and/or Human/Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Robot programming: ABB, Fanuc, Kuka.
- Machine commissioning, and troubleshooting skills
- Travel to customer sites for installation and startup of equipment; up to 25% travel expected yearly.
- Covid-19 Disclaimer: The health & safety of everyone at JR Automation is critical to our success. As an essential employee, you will work onsite at one of our facilities and follow the policies & practices in the JR Automation Covid-19 Safe Work Playbook. Social distancing, mask-wearing, and capacity limits are a few of the strategies we utilize.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!