Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs What you'll be doing
- Maintaining a prioritized product backlog for the data management scrum teams.
- Work with Product Manager to break user journeys (Themes) to epic and stories.
- Work with architect to break epic stories to user stories for the scrum team to implement.
- Work with Product Designers to define/finalize the desired user experience.
- Oversee the development of the user stories.
- Work with scrum team to get ready for demo at the end of each sprint.
- Work with scrum team to refine process, areas for improvement if needed.
- Accountable for each stage of the development process and the final product.
- Tight collaboration and alignment with peer product owners from multiple product teams.
- Effective reporting of delivery project progress.
- Focus on quality in all aspects of software delivery.
- Monitoring of customer adoption and support metrics and facilitation of customer escalations. What you bring to the team
HWe're seeking for an incredible Product Owner who can drive exceptional product delivery of our Lumada DataOps Suite offering. This person will be responsible for the success of our data management capabilities within the Lumada DataOps Suite offering. At the same time, will report directly to the VP and Chief Product Owner for the Lumada Data Services portfolio.
Hitachi Vantara's success is based on product innovation and technical product management plays a key role in delivery of products with world-class market fit, quality at the fast speed of the markets we serve. The scope of products relevant for this role cover our Pentaho BI Suite and various new products in the areas of Data Management such as our Spark based services and catalog offering
-5+ years of product ownership and technical product management.
-Exposure to a variety of enterprise software, cloud service and application technologies with focus on data management and analytics category products.
-Excellent communication and project management skills.
-Ability to deal with conflicts.
-Strong working experience with agile execution methodologies.
-Travel -Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge