Meet The TeamOnsite In Colorado
The Senior Manager of Hitachi Vantara's Global IT Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for the global leadership of a team of 10 globally positioned IT project managers. The candidate oversees the gathering of required data by the project managers from stakeholders to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope to create technical specifications. Accountable for the development of detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training, and on-time delivery within budget constraints. Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met. Keeps leadership informed of key issues that may impact project completion, budget, or other results. Coordinates and monitors technical projects or programs from initiation through delivery. Develops and maintains project delivery processes and ensures compliance. Leads our project delivery transformation such as from Waterfall to Agile, and the installation of a Quality Assurance team and function.What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To the Team
- Directs and oversees global project team and manages conflicts within group
- Implements team specific objectives as directed by the Director of Global IT Business Management
- Interfaces with internal business stakeholders to understand business issues/needs and ensure that client expectations are in line with IT delivery plans
- Manages projects according to company defined project management methodology via team of project managers:
- Defines requirements and plans project lifecycle deployment
- Defines resources and schedule for project/program implementation
- Consults and guides project manager in creation of strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Plans and schedules project deliverables, goals, and milestones
- Efficiently identifies and solves project issues, and mitigates project risks
- Ensures effective communications to all stakeholders and project members through regular steering committee and project progress forums
- Maintains an audit-ready posture for all project deliverables
- Supports our Global IT PPM tool and assures it data's integrity and timeliness
- Recruits, develops, and retains a high performing team and coaches individuals to reach their maximum potential
Education and experience
- Minimum 8 years of IT project management experience.
- Agile SCRUM Master and PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, oral and written communications skills, including the ability to influence other levels of management with at least and 10+ years of IT project management experience
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues; seen as a subject matter expert
- Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams; may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks under high pressure
- Experience working in a matrixed, team-oriented, global, and collaborative environment
- 7+ years of IT people management experience
- 10+ years of IT project management experience
- English language fluent (conversational and written)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related IT discipline
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $117,000 - $167,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge