Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a front-end web developer to join our tools development team. We are working to change the way the company executes the sales process. The candidate will primarily focus on the development and maintenance of client side logic and support systems to enable responsive, coherent, and pleasant user experience. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of UI design principals and be able to bring our wireframes to life. This individual will be an integral part of the team and will work closely with back-end developers to define the necessary APIs. The candidate should have the desire to grow into a full stack developer and will play an important part in defining how our applications look and feel.
Key job functions include
• Design and execute project plans
• Develop and execute unit testing
• Maintain source code
• Create reusable code libraries
• Participate in API definition
• Create and maintain detailed source code and API documentation
Key skills include
• Ability to work independently, finding solutions to programming problems with minimal oversight
• Ability to work in a team with diverse technical backgrounds
• Ability to provide technical requirements
• Ability to adapt to changing project requirements
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• 7+ years of software development work experience
• Degree in computer engineering or related discipline
• Familiar with front end frameworks such as bootstrap or material design
• Experienced in designing RESTful web services
• Knowledgeable in modern web application design principals
• Experienced constructing and ingesting XML and JSON
• Understanding of cross browser compatibility issues
• Experience building portable code, react native in particular
• Knowledge of application servers
• Knowledge of application servers such as apache, node.js, nginx, etc.
• Familiarity with working in Linux
Not required but a strong plus
• Experience with Python is a plus
• Prior work with web analytics technologies
• UI/UX design experience
• SASS or LESS experience
• General familiarity with the .js framework landscapeOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge