Hitachi Vantara Federal
Hitachi Vantara Federal combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara Federal elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
The Data Intelligence (DI) Data Analyst (DA) is responsible for services delivery for DI technologies across Hitachi Vantara Federals' (HVF) customers worldwide. This responsibility includes leading large and/or complex deliveries, delivery of new and updated services and mentoring Data Analyst peers. Specifically, candidates for this position should have experience leading a delivery to design, architect, implement, and integrate DI solutions into customer environments.Responsibilities Overview
Large, Complex Customer Deliveries
The DI DA will be the technical resource responsible for ensuring the technical success of the professional services delivery. This may require a combination of coordinating with their project managers and peer consultants, design and planning efforts, troubleshooting, escalation management, and hands-on delivery. The DI DA will work closely with the project manager to ensure project status is communicated, a plan is in place, and progress is being made to project closure. This role will include review and executing against project definition documents, completing and updating delivery checklists and pre-engagement checklists and creating and modifying customer facing deliverable solution documentation.
Deliver New and Updated Services
The DI DA will be expected to self-start their own training to maintain the ability to deliver new and updated services as they are brought to our customers. The DI DA will learn about new service delivery offerings and at times may be the first to deliver new services in the field. The DI DA will deliver these new offerings and be expected to mentor peer Data Analysts on the job to help expand delivery knowledge into the delivery team. HVF does maintain an active lab and training/mentorship is available.
• Provide technical delivery for assigned engagements and drive customer satisfaction.
• Ensure the technical success of professional services engagements by engaging peers, leading design discussions, troubleshooting, and delivering as needed.
• Articulate the overall services solution and subsequent service delivery plan to implement the solution to the customer in terms the customer understands.
Build relationships and trust with Engagement Managers, Project Managers, Solutions Consultants, and Solution Sales personnel engaged in service opportunities.
• Work with the project manager to provide regular communication to all stakeholders about the status of professional services engagements.
• Listen to customer needs and map customer challenges to GSS services and solutions.
• Exceed our customer expectations for services delivery quality, competence, and professionalism.
• Develop and test Java software plugins and integration modules for HCP family of products
• Develop and test components using TCP/IP, RSS, SMTP, ODBC/SQL, HTTP/REST, XML, JSON
• Assist the technical support team in the isolation and resolution of customer issues
• Author developer documentation and participate in the development of end-user documentation
• Mentor and advise junior team members
• Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team
• Support consultants, partners, and the open source community
Qualifications and Skills
• Must possess a TS/SCI clearance or currently have a TS with the ability to upgrade
• Demonstrate knowledge of three or more of the following:
o Java development for API based solutions
o Enterprise object storage solutions (e.g., S3, HCP, Centera)
o Object storage data migrations
o Data Analytics solution development
o GUI development and programming
o Scripting for operational needs
• Minimum 5+ years professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, and developing data-driven applications for enterprise environments
• Hands-on experience with one or more of the following core technologies:
o Experience writing, extending and maintaining Java programs
o Experience with web service technologies (REST, JAX-WS, etc.)
o Experience with development and management of Linux based OSs
o Experience with XML and JSON
o Experience with configuration management tools such as Git
o Experience with build related tools such as Ant, Ivy, and/or Maven
o Experience with software development best practices and design patterns
o Experience with R and/or Python data science and visualization packages (optional)
• Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
• Experience with Pentaho and/or Hitachi Content Intelligence a strong plus
• Experience with APIs for Sharepoint, MS Exchange or MS Work Folder Server
• Create internal and customer facing documentation using Microsoft Office product suite.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Demonstrate excellent customer/business presentation skills
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel 15-30%
• Security+ Certification (must be obtained prior to start)Reporting Structure
The DI DA will report to the Global Services and Solutions (GSS) group responsible for all HVF portfolio solutions to include DI. Typical DI deployments will include a delivery team consisting of a project manager, engagement manager, and a DI DA with Senior DA and peer support. The DI DA is an individual contributor role tasked with leading professional service deliveries.
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Hitachi Vantara Federal requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If you have any questions about this policy or require an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, please contact Jennifer Shelton, Director Human Resources.Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality
Hitachi Vantara Federal is committed to building a strong, inclusive culture that embraces diversity in our business. We will foster a sense of belonging by:
• Recruiting, retaining, developing, and mentoring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization.
• Listening and providing opportunities for feedback to create an environment that values employees' perspectives and unique experiences.
• Striving to hold ourselves accountable as an organization, as individuals, and as leaders to learn, grow and continue to evolve our DEI strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.