Meet our team
Our team of Systems Engineers interact with customers within Hitachi Vantara's Global Delivery division to provide key technical solutions support and expertise. They are responsible to deliver Hitachi solutions to enterprises that range size from small to very large and they also support customers and internal stakeholders in Sales, Pre-Sales, Professional Services, Global Support, etc.
This role will support customers throughout Switzerland and we can consider candidates based in-country and looking for remote/mobile working. What you will be doing
What you'll bring to the role
- Consulting, planning and implementing customized solutions that address customer requirements, utilizing Hitachi's and our partner portfolio of solutions (Compute, Network, Converged, Automation, Storage, Backup)
- Taking technical ownership of assigned projects, accounts or tasks (troubleshooting, customer workshops, etc.)
- Showing expertise to be able to participate within a Subject Matter Expert group
- Driving proactively new and incremental business by developing technical relationships (e.g. consult w/ Pre-Sales for RfPs and ensuring success of customer PoCs)
- Delivering standard product and solution presentations
- Documenting client feature requests and issues
- At least 3 years of experience working in a Systems Engineer / Consultant role
- Broad experience in infrastructure environments/architectures (Storage, Network, Compute, Operating Systems)
- Advanced (C1 or better) written and spoken German skills and high intermediate (B2 or better) written and spoken English skills
- An innovative nature and are actively looking for solutions to cover challenges
- Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- The ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Programming/Scripting capabilities and any knowledge of Hitachi products and services are a plus
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs. We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect; Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity; Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge.