Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Hitachi Vantara seeks a talented undergraduate student who has a passion for Information Security. This person will be responsible in support the Security Product Manager in several of Security aspects of our products and services. They are representing the CISO on the product development side and ensure that product and services are developed and deliver in a manner that will not affect our customer's security or Hitachi Vantara's reputation to minimize the risk of liability in the use of the solutions.
This person has responsibility of support in the definition of the security feature set and recommend go or no-go decision on product release based on product security posture.What you'll be doing:
• Support to the Security Product Manager in meetings with the different teams involved in the Go To Market process
• Support to the Security Product Manager in the assessments performed to the Product Management and engineering teams
• Interact with the different Product owners and development teams to provide updates of the security process
• Study and make presentations about Cyber Security concepts to different teams in the organization
• Undergraduate of a major Computer Science related career.
• Proven English proficiency to interact with multicultural teams in different regions (C1 level preferred)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with technical teams
• Advanced computer proficiency in the use of MS Office 360 collaboration suite
• High interest on Cyber Security specialization, and acquiring a Security related certificationWhat you will bring to the team:
• Knowledge and interest in Security technologies, tools and concepts, including the basic CIA triad.
• Knowledge in the use of security tools, including but not exclusive: Secure Shell, Secure FTP, certificates.
• Understanding basic concepts of Ethical Hacking
• Understanding basic concepts of Cloud Computing and Software as a Service
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge