Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.Job title
Senior Field Engineer ACT BranchReporting to
Northern Region CS-S ManagerJob purpose
Work both individually and as part of the Services team to provide the delivery of Maintenance Support Services - Professional Services, Customer site management, Break fix remediation services, Installation, and Implementation Services, and to also provide technical assistance to the Hitachi Vantara Sales Teams.
Ideally the Candidate will possess a current active TSPV or existing NV2 ClearanceResponsibilities
• Provide the timely and logical provision of post-sales support to Hitachi Vantara's Customers in alignment with their specific support agreements.
• Perform preventative maintenance according to the recommended routines and procedures. Target to maintain an RGA level of microcode
• Provide problem management and escalation with the aid and support of the GSC, FSE's
• Perform the Installation and implementation of new Solutions and the upgrade of existing Solution platforms.
• Service delivery of engineering and reconfiguring changes, equipment, and site relocation services.
• Target to meet and exceed monthly operational KPI's specific to CS-S on a consistent basis.
• 24/7 on call support for Hitachi Vantara's customers for the provision of remediation services on a rostered basis.
• Conducting product demonstrations/training for customers and staff, providing clients with basic product knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions.
• Report new opportunities or threats to the Hitachi Vantara Sales Team.
• Comply with all published Hitachi Vantara policies and procedures.
• Perform all your duties in a manner that complies with Hitachi Vantara's core values.
• Perform other duties as required or directed by your manager.
• Comply with Hitachi Vantara's customers onsite rules and procedures
• A minimum of 5 years of related experience on enterprise service and support.
• The ability to act as a team or projects Leader. Providing direction to team activities - facilitates information validation and team decision making process.
• Technical and hardware knowledge of SAN/Fibre/Storage and Server products and solutions specifically Hitachi Content Platform.
• Experience of Windows Server, Linux, VMWare desirable.
• Highly Experienced in a customer facing role and displaying a mature approach to service delivery business.
• Must have a proven - demonstrable track record of outstanding teamwork with their peers and members of the wider organisation.
• Attention to detail.
• Must take great pride in delivering professional outcomes
• Flexibility and a willingness to work outside of basic job spec.
• Available to provide 24/7 on call support.
• Available to work after hours from time to time for the delivery of post-sales services to customers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Track record of knowledge sharing.
• Proficient with the use of Windows, MS Office, Outlook, IE, etc.
• The ability to work unsupervised as well as work in teams
• Excellent and proven track record of self-motivation and learning skills.
• A willingness to accept responsibility.
• Well organized, adaptable, and clear thinker.
• Remains Cool in a crisis
• Will escalate issues immediately when necessary
• Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.