Meet our Team
The NBSS (National Breast Screening System) team provide Application Support and Development services to the NHS. We provide support to the NHS breast screening units across England and Northern Ireland. We are a team of diverse individuals and growing our team significantly to provide the required services over the coming years. NBSS is a complex system, and the service is often challenging so if you are a dynamic individual that loves to work as part of the strong and driven team, whilst driving improvement and change then please join us! Responsibilities
- Working as part of the NBSS Service Development team to design, develop and implement solutions for NBSS (tactical and strategic work)
- Providing peer reviews for Development team consultants
- Providing coaching, training and where requested mentoring for junior developers
- Acting as NBSS SME, providing training and coaching session for the NBSS Support team
- Acting as NBSS Development TDA (Technical Design Authority), including the technical approval of Changes and Releases
- Providing ROM and more specific estimates for work
- Reviewing, validating and agreeing estimates provided by the Development team members
- Deputising in the absence of the Development Manager
- Proactive management and resolution of the Development Workstack (including Problems, Changes, RFC's and Releases)
- Analysis of customer requirements and presentation of recommendations, proposals and enhancements moving through to the development lifecycle
- Specification/Design creation, initiation through to approval/sign off
- Providing occasional second line support, where required due to business need.
- Attending required meetings, including Change and Problem reviews as required
- Attending - contributing to customer meetings, working/user Groups as maybe required
- Driving CSI and Innovation
- maintaining required documentation
- Unit Testing of Changes plus involvement in other required test cycles, such as system, regression, backwards compatibility and performance testing, including supporting the customer with UAT where required
- Third line support (before Supplier) - assisting with complex incidents as required by the Support team
- End to end Change and Problem management, including problem analysis and administration of related records and documentation.
- Hands-on experience with PACS HL7 and DICOM, NBSS Daybook, High Risk Programme, Smart Clinics, Whiteboards
- NBSS Application Knowledge, including Reports, SMART Clinics
- ITIL awareness
- Hands-on exposure and proven experience working and programming in an environment using, SQL, VB6, maintaining ODBC views, Windows Microsoft Access and/or Crystal reports or MUMPS
- NBSS Screening Office Functional Operational knowledge
- Experience of working with service desk tool sets, such Service Now and with a working knowledge of ITIL Delivery methodologies
- Previous experience of working within the Healthcare sector, specifically Breast Screening or other Cancer Screening programme.
- Full life-cycle project experience, ideally from initial opportunity through to requirements specification (technical and functional), solution design, implementation and rollout
- Proven ability of team working and producing results in line with expectations and needs
- Working to Quality Standards such as ISO9001
- Ability to drive Service Improvement and Innovation
- Management of risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies including notifying management
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments - standards
- Keeping up to date with NHS information - Government standards - principles
- Keeping up to date with updates to the NBS Programme
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge