What you will be doing
You will provide internal support to Hitachi Vantara Field Sales and Pre-Sales teams across our EMEA North region (UK-I, Netherlands, Nordics, South Africa) by delivering solution configurations to meet the required specifications of solutions proposed to customers. You will be enthusiastic about technology and work to maintain a high level knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions and both hardware and software products to excel in the technical configuration requirements. You will work closely with Sales, Pre-Sales and other stakeholders to support the sales process, while being part of an EMEA-wide team supporting multiple locations.
What you bring to the role
- Maintaining high level knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions, product components and configuration requirements and competitive awareness with market developments
- Assisting with the early adoption of new product technologies by including solution components within configurations where applicable
- Working with field sales to communicate performance characteristics of configurations and proactively identify issues, develop recommendations and implement solutions to increase field sales productivity
- Proactively communicating with other Configuration Strategists and Pricing Strategists to uncover changes in requirements and working to uncover changing business needs, opportunities or issues of concern, engaging business and finance colleagues as necessary
- Advising the Configuration Manager on specific resource requirements and personnel issues that affect ability to support field sales activity
- Technically minded and keen to learn with a customer focused approach, logical thinking and problem solving abilities
- A high level of integrity and ethics
- Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Prior experience directly related to IT data center systems and data storage is an advantage
- Some experience in supporting field sales personnel
- An ability to effectively communicate and share information with peers and all levels of the organisation
- A good level of initiative, drive and self-motivation
- Good English language is essential and additional European languages relevant to the countries supported would be advantageous
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs. We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect; Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity; Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge.