Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their data challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.THIS POSITIN CAN BE 100% REMOTEWhat You Will Be Doing
The Executive Communications Manager is a vital part of Hitachi Vantara's Global Communications team, reporting to the Director of PR and collaborating closely with leaders across the company. The person in this role will develop the awareness and image of Hitachi Vantara's CEO and senior leadership team with external audiences. The ideal candidate will create and execute innovative, strategic communications plans that span channels and formats, align with business objectives and serve the company's brand and reputation goals.
• Creating a communications plan for the CEO, including crafting related materials -- presentations, social media, speeches, videos and more - and measurements for success.
• Partnering with key members of business, communications, marketing, brand and social media teams to ensure consistent and coherent positioning and messaging for the CEO across multiple campaigns, events and opportunities.
• Developing and managing the executive speaking platform, including managing the speaker bureau agency, and ensuring the inclusion of the appropriate members of the company's executive leadership team in relevant external opportunities or ad-hoc requests.
• Liaising with communications leads and external and internal subject-matter experts to distill complex issues into storytelling opportunities that can be leveraged by top management.
• Together with staff in the Office of the CEO, manage CEO participation in executive networking forums including the Wall Street Journal CEO Forum, Fortune CEO Initiative and Forbes Global CEO Conference.What You Bring To the Team
This role is designed for someone who has a passion for shaping the awareness, narrative and image of our executive leaders. This person should have an analytical mind and creative spirit, attention to detail, the ability to tackle tasks big and small and keep calm under pressure, and dedication to driving demonstrable results. They also should possess intellectual curiosity and a strong interest in the technology industry. Also, this role requires:
A minimum of 8-10 years of communications experience, preferably with at least a few years working in executive communications and/or corporate communications.
• Familiarity working closely with the CEO and/or senior leaders of a large organization and with multiple cross-functional teams.
• Impeccable organization, self-sufficiency and ability to multi-task.
• A university degree. Degrees in communications and journalism are preferred. Advanced degrees are a plus.
• A team player with a can-do attitude and a sense of humor.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge