- Engage with Hitachi Vantara field sales and partners to support the technical positioning of the entire Hitachi Vantara portfolio of products, services and solutions
• Become a technical evangelist for Hitachi Vantara's portfolio
• Be an integral contributor to the life-cycle of large and complex opportunities as the technology sales lead
• Become the recognized technology expert in the Hitachi Vantara portfolio and educate, share knowledge and motivate the ISRs to increase successful closure of opportunities to drive revenue
• Understand customers' challenges and priorities to effectively position Hitachi Vantara solution
• Demonstrate a client centric approach to ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose and maximize customer satisfaction
• Take responsibility for producing the architectural design for the proposed solution
• Contribute to technology 'virtual communities' across the Hitachi Vantara business to share best practices, case studies and references
• Demonstrate a clear technology understanding of the product, services and solutions portfolio as well as its positioning - the strengths and competitive advantages, the overall market and business drivers, the value proposition of the portfolio and the business value (including Roi) to be derived by customers through deployment of the solution set
• Self-motivated study to keep abreast of emerging technologies and new solutions in the Hitachi Vantara portfolio. Self-motivated study to ensure technical knowledge and credibility around customer application and environmental considerations such as VMware
• Develop capability in consultative technology sales using whiteboard briefings, solution demos and supporting technical and commercial information
- Contribute to the technology sales components of client RFI, RFP responses
• Leverage the use of supporting functions such as the DOC (configure and quote) and other virtual team resources
- Degree or equivalent formal education and/or working experience.
• A minimum of 5 years' IT experience, at least 3 years dealing with storage solutions from any of Vendors, SI background is an advantage.
• Experience dealing with large corporate accounts or commercial accounts at a pre-sales level
• A clear understanding of solution sales and delivery requirements.
• Possess the ability to resolve issues and conflicts, as well as be able to take ownership when faced with challenging situations
- Work passion and good communication skill preferred
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge